||Swiss Benevolent Society
of San Francisco
The Swiss Benevolent Society helps qualified applicants obtain a higher education in any field of endeavor at any accredited university or college in the United States. The scholarships are limited to students who are residents of Northern California. Students may apply every year while enrolled.
There are five (5) different scholarship funds available:
Need & Merit
1. SBS General Fund Scholarship
2. Willy Isler Scholarship
3. Silvia and Jacques Iselin Scholarship Fund
- Based on need and merit.
- Awarded to students entering college through postgraduate studies.
- Minimum GPA 3.2 for the last 2 years in high schoool, 3.0 for first year in college and 3.2 thereafter.
4. Clement & Frieda Amstutz Scholarship
5. Silvio Canonica Scholarship
- Based on merit alone.
- Awarded to students at the junior & senior college, graduate and postgraduate university level.
- Minimum GPA 3.5 for the last 2 years.
- be of Swiss descent by demonstrating that applicant or at least one parent is a Swiss national, registered with the Swiss Consulate General of San Francisco (or carry a valid Swiss passport).
- have resided in one of the following Counties in Northern California for a minimum of three years preceding the date of initial application.
- have applied for admission to any accredited institution of higher learning in the United States offering a baccalaureate or graduate degree. (In exceptional cases, students attending a community college or an accredited vocational school in California may be considered.)
- be a full time student: 12 undergraduate or 9 graduate units per term.
To apply for any of these scholarships, please download the application and guidelines in your preferred file format:
|Scholarship Guidelines (2 pages)Revised 01/10/2016||MS Word||PDF|
|Scholarship Application (4 pages)||MS Word||PDF|
- Only complete applications, including all supporting documents, postmarked no later than April 30th, can be considered.
- Please contact Mr. John Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
As a benevolent organization, SBSSF also invites and encourages applicants who may not meet every guideline or requirement of our scholarship program, but who may nonetheless be worthy of consideration.
|Swiss Benevolent Society
Pier 17, Suite 600
San Francisco, CA 94111